Mann Packing Company Inc.
Arcadian Harvest® Organic
Already an industry favorite in its conventional format, Mann’s Arcadian Harvest® Organic is now available. A combination of four European lettuce varieties, plus a mild flavor profile, Arcadian Harvest Organic offers an upscale-looking mix of textures and colors.
Washed and ready to eat, Arcadian Harvest Organic consists of fully mature, petite lettuces that are more robust than baby lettuces. Cut only once at the base, the pinking normally seen in “chopped lettuces” is eliminated.
Plus, their multi-dimensional leaves provide unmatched lift on the plate. In fact, a 1-ounce serving of Arcadian Harvest Organic equals 1.5 ounces of spring mix in terms of plate coverage.
Certified organic, Mann’s Arcadian Harvest delivers a consistent and reliable product that is available year round. An excellent alternative to organic spring mix, use it in salads, wraps and sandwiches.
ARCADIAN HARVEST® ORGANIC MEXICAN SUMMER SALAD WITH LIME DRESSING
1½ cups matchstick-size strips peeled jicama
¼ cup avocado oil (may substitute extra virgin olive oil)
3 tbsp fresh lime juice
5 oz Mann’s Arcadian Harvest Organic
1 large avocado, peeled, pitted, sliced
1 5-ounce package soft fresh Cotija cheese, crumbled (may substitute with goat cheese)
1 orange, peeled and segmented
½ cup pepitas, toasted
Toss first 4 ingredients in large bowl.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add avocado, orange and goat cheese; toss gently. Divide salad among plates. Sprinkle pepitas evenly over plates.
Great with tequila lime grilled chicken skewers.
P.O. Box 690, Salinas, CA 93902
Tips & Techniques: Fresh berries add color, flavor and texture to any menu item.
Fresh berries will help:
• Increase profits
• Lower food costs
• Simplify BOH operations
• Increase perceived value of menu items
• Offer healthy, desirable menu choices
• Stay current with new menu trends
• Satisfy customer demand
The versatility of berries goes far beyond snacking as they can be incorporated into any meal. Berries can go sweet or savory — experiment to combine them with different flavor profiles.
Add berries to the menu year-round. Blueberries are easy to use. There’s no cutting, peeling or pitting. Just give them a quick rinse and they’re ready.
Unique Attributes: Given the multitude of uses, it is no surprise Naturipe berries are making their way onto menus where the use of a fresh berry was previously uncommon. Quick-service and fast-casual dining are showing interest in berries to add freshness, great taste and health to menus.
• Fresh berries are now found as a colorful topping on best-selling entrée salads in quick-service restaurants.
• Ready-to-Eat (RTE) berries are also available as a nutritious mix-in for on-the-go oatmeal at national quick-service restaurants and coffee chains.
• The latest parent-pleasing trend in fast-casual restaurants is serving a kid-sized assortment of fresh, sweet berries to children upon seating.
• Using berries is easier than ever with Naturipe’s RTE extended shelf life blueberries and strawberries. This unique harvest-to-package system extends the shelf life of pre-washed fresh blueberries for up to three weeks and strawberries for up to two weeks (when properly refrigerated). This process ensures the berries are triple-inspected, washed and placed in modified-atmosphere packaging, producing a high-quality berry that is ready to serve. This FRESH line allows more restaurants to offer fresh, health-favorable berries — previously thought impossible.
Promotion: Restaurants and foodservice operators can capitalize on the health benefits of berries by promoting dishes to customers:
• Berries are a top source of disease-fighting antioxidants.
• Berries offer great taste and convenience along with being very low in saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium.
• Berries are a good source of dietary fiber, and a very good source of vitamin C, vitamin K and manganese.