FARMED FRESH SINCE 1917™
Naturipe Farms is a partnership between highly esteemed growers, whose fields are spread across the globe and an industry leader for more than 100 years in producing fresh, healthy and delicious berries. The diverse grower base and focus on innovation ensures year-round availability of exceptional organic and conventional fruit. By sharing resources, skills, labor and knowledge, we are better farmers, and in turn, strengthen the local farm community.
PROMOTIONS, DISPLAYS & ADVERTISING HELP INCREASE SALES
• LOCALLY-grown produce is highly desirable.1 Customers will now know the origin of their berries by the map and state represented on the Naturipe label.
• 79 percent of shoppers are drawn to a SALE,1 making price promotions a great way to increase purchase intent.
• The consumer focus on health is more prevalent now than ever before. Sales of fresh fruits and vegetables increase as consumers become more health conscious. Continue to EDUCATE customers on the HEALTH BENEFITS and VERSATILITY of berries. Cross-merchandise berries with other healthy, complementary items, such as yogurt or mixed greens. Encourage use by including recipes and cooking suggestions alongside the display.
• 1 in 3 produce purchases are unplanned,2 which allows for great opportunity to UPSELL by displaying all berry types together. Naturipe’s 1-pound strawberry and 1-pound blueberry packs are the perfect mix-and-match pair.
• Naturipe berries are available YEAR-ROUND. Take advantage of this and get creative with merchandising displays and usage suggestions, such as: mango, blackberry and feta appetizer bites or strawberry, mozzarella and basil atop baked balsamic chicken.3
WEBSITE AND SOCIAL MEDIA outlets are great tools to help consumers make informed decisions. Use these outlets to promote in-season berries via special offers, coupons, recipes and meal-prep tips.
Today’s shopper is looking for convenient, nutrient-packed snacks and meal options. Retailers can encourage these purchases by creating a well-stocked, eye-catching berry display at the front of your produce department with Naturipe® strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries.
BERRY CARE AND HANDLING
• Do not break the cold chain — even while on display (32 degrees to 34 degrees is ideal) to prolong freshness.
• Keep berries away from moisture.
• Inspect berries before putting on display — remove bruised, damaged or decayed berries to keep from spreading.
• Maximize selling opportunities by keeping displays well-stocked.
1 Source: The Packer’s Fresh Trends 2016 Survey (a survey of more than 1,000 targeted respondents who are members of a nationwide panel)
2 Source: USHBC Opportunities Assessment Study, 2016
4 Source: PMA, Takeaways From Fresh Connections: Retail Consumer Panel
P.O. Box 4280, Salinas, CA 93912