Eating one Zespri™ SunGold™ Kiwifruit provides over 100% of adults’ recommended daily amount of immune-supporting vitamin C. Doubly good is that one serving equals 2 fruits. Additionally, Zespri™ SunGold™ Kiwifruit is one of the most nutritionally dense fruits. Each 2-fruit serving provides more than 20 nutrients, including vitamin C, dietary fiber, potassium, folate, vitamin E and antioxidants. Together, these nutrients fuel our bodies, facilitate mind and body health and fortify the immune system.
“SunGold™ Kiwifruit has the highest vitamin C content* of any commonly eaten fruit, with a nutritious, refreshing burst of unexpected sweetness that satisfies a sweet tooth naturally. Each fruit provides an excellent source of vitamin C, with three times the vitamin C of an orange per serving,” says Sarah Deaton, Shopper Marketing Manager at Zespri International.
ADD VITAMIN C TO YOUR ROUTINE
Support immune system defense with vitamin C. A serving of Zespri™ SunGold™ Kiwfruit provides two times the recommended daily amount of vitamin C* – which is at the frontline of protecting your body. Maintain your immune system with vitamin C from Zespri™ SunGold™ Kiwifruit.
*290% of the daily recommended value of vitamin C per serving (2 ZespriTM SunGoldTM Kiwifruit).
Studies show that eating foods with vitamin C, such as SunGold™ Kiwi, can improve the absorption of iron from plant-based foods. Iron plays an essential role in the turning on and multiplying of immune cells. Examples of plant-based iron sources and ways to pair with kiwi include:
- Kiwi & Fortified Breakfast Cereals. Top oatmeal or cream of wheat with kiwi slices.
- Kiwi & Leafy Greens. Toss kiwi with cucumber, kale or mixed greens, edamame, shelled pistachios and a lime-honey dressing for a super salad.
- Kiwi & Cashew nuts, chia seeds and pumpkin seeds. Layer kiwi, Greek yogurt, granola and nuts or seeds to make a breakfast, snack or dessert parfait.
*Per 100 grams, ZespriTM SunGoldTM Kiwifruit provides 161.3 mg vitamin C; Oranges provide 53.2 mg vitamin C
DID YOU KNOW… Eating SunGold™ Kiwi is One of The Most Nutrient-Dense Fruits?
In addition to providing more than 20 vitamins and minerals plus dietary fiber, folate, vitamin E and antioxidants, in comparison to other fruit, one serving of Zespri™ SunGold™ kiwifruit provides 3x the vitamin C of an orange and the same potassium as a medium banana.
DID YOU KNOW… Eating SunGold™ Kiwi Can Support Your Well-Being?
Eating two SunGold™ kiwifruit daily can improve feelings of vitality (i.e., mood, fatigue and well-being) in young adults with low vitamin C levels. These are among the feel-good results of a 2020-published study supported by Zespri International Limited and the University of Otago in New Zealand. That’s not all: The subjects who ate the kiwifruit enjoyed broader benefits and boosted their vitamin C levels up to normal faster than those who took a vitamin C supplement. Researchers attribute this to the total nutrient package of kiwifruit, including vitamins & minerals plus fiber, which supports gut health. Play up how kiwi provides the “whole package” to your shoppers.
Show Shoppers How Easy It Is to Eat Zespri™ SunGold™ Kiwi Anytime
- Cut, Scoop & Enjoy! The classic way to eat a kiwifruit.
- Simply Take a Bite: Unlike green kiwi, this fruit is fuzz-less. Remove the sticker, wash it and bite directly into a SunGold™ kiwi.
- Cheese & Fruit Platter: Serve sliced kiwi with aged cheese, cured meat and wholegrain crackers.
- Smoothie or Bowl: Blend kiwi into a smoothie or blend up a kiwi bowl with frozen berries, banana and yogurt, with nuts or granola topper.
- Increase Impulse Sales: Stack 1-pound packages of fruit on Zespri™’s new display shipper and place by the registers to remind shoppers of this vitamin C-worthy snack.
SELECTION PERFECTION / STORAGE
- SunGold™ Kiwi gets softer (and sweeter!) as it ripens. To pick the perfect fruit, hold it in the palm of your hand and gently squeeze. If it gives to slight pressure, it’s ripe, and ready to eat at its best.
- Kiwis ripen best at room temperature. Ripe kiwifruit will stay delicious in your fruit bowl for a few days, even longer in the fridge!
- To hasten ripening, store SunGold™ Kiwi at room temperature in a paper bag away from sunlight with other fruits, like bananas or apples. Bananas and apples give off ethylene which helps speed the ripening process.
PICK THE RIGHT SUPPLIER
The Zespri brand is recognized as the world leader in premium-quality kiwifruit. In the U.S., Zespri™ SunGold™ Kiwifruit comes from New Zealand May through November, and from Italy where it’s grown to Zespri standards through February.
Zespri North America
567 San Nicolas Dr Ste 400, Newport Beach, CA 92660
Phone 949.706.2284 Email: [email protected]