RECOMMENDED DISPLAY IDEAS
- A consistently full display of limes always entices the customer to reach out and grab one.
- A simple, neat stack of good quality green limes is all it takes to promote.
- Limes cover multiple SKU’s to reach different types of customers. We offer loose, place-packed and bag packs for both conventional and organic.
- Key limes also add to the offering.
- Cross merchandizing with other products that are best enjoyed with a squeeze of fresh lime helps create complimentary purchases.
BEST PROMOTION PRACTICES
- Limes are promotable most of the year.
- Advance planning is always recommended and flexibility on sizing to match the natural production cycles always makes for the most competitive unit price.
- Pairing limes with either food or drink items and diversifying placement around the store also helps for an extra sales opportunities.
DISPLAY CARE AND HANDLING
- Good quality fruit is available year round.
- Having consistent availability and quality is the key to a successful lime program.
- Recommended temperature for limes is 48°F.
VARIETY AND AVAILABILITY GUIDE
Persian limes grown in Mexico are available year round. Conventional, organic and key limes are available. Colombian limes are also utilized based on customer location for transportation savings.
Consistent supply is maintained throughout the year. There are many pricing and program opportunities available. In general limes can be quite volatile. We were reminded of that again this year. Programs allow for stability within the category. In addition to regular pricing and ad periods, long-term contracts are available. We specifically allocate a percentage of our crop to fulfill our program and contract commitments.
- 10lb Place-packed, color graded, with barcode PLU, the highest grade available in the USA.
- Bulk Box sizes 110/150/175/ 200/230/250. With or without barcode PLU.
- Custom bag configurations and private label – examples include 10/1lb, 17/2lb, and 8/5lb.
Since 1959 the Linda Vista brand has earned the reputation of unwavering commitment to the global produce industry. Over the past 63 years, Linda Vista brand has withstood the test of time. Consumers recognize Linda Vista as a brand to trust. Linda Vista produce is globally recognized for its quality; the label is used only when fruit is at its peak. Consumers recognize a Linda Vista label means they are buying fresh, delicious, and responsibly grown produce. All products packed with the Linda Vista label are respon-sibly grown and packed — meeting or exceeding food safety standards and protocol. Lemons, Limes, Avocados, and Mangos are the core items of the Linda Vista brand.
McDANIEL & CHIRICO WORLDWIDE LLC
www.McDanielChirico.com Mike@MCworldwidellc.com George@MCworldwidellc.com Allan@MCworldwidellc.com Michael@MCworldwidellc.com
McDANIEL FRUIT COMPANY