Color and Crunch, Available Year-Round
• Grimmway’s rainbow carrot offerings add a kaleidoscope of color to any dish, featuring purple, red, yellow, orange and white varieties.
• They’re an excellent source of vitamin A, and each color offers a distinctly different flavor.
• Rainbow julienne shredded carrots are offered in ¼-inch cuts and sold in 5-pound packs (2 or 4 units per carton).
Storage and Handling
• Refrigerate carrots immediately to avoid a break in the cold chain.
• Keep carrots stored at 32° to 36°F, with 98 to 100% relative humidity.
• Store carrots away from ethylene-producing items, such as apples, avocados, and bananas.
• Peeled carrots can whiten from natural dryness; a quick ice water bath will freshen the carrots and restore their bright color.
GRIMMWAY FARMS JULIENNE STYLE RAINBOW CARROT PIZZA
(Recipe for dough yields 2 14-inch pies)
4 cups of bread flour
2 tsp kosher salt
1 packet of fast-acting/instant yeast
1½ cups of water (110°F)
1 tsp of honey
2 tbsp olive oil
Mix together dry ingredients until well blended. Add wet ingredients and mix until the dough forms a ball. Place on a lightly floured surface and gently knead into a smooth, firm ball. Grease a large bowl with olive oil and place dough inside. Cover with plastic and sit in a warm area for 3 to 4 hours.
When dough has risen, place on a lightly floured surface and separate into two. Cover dough balls with a paper towel or plastic wrap and let rest for 10 minutes. Knead and shape each ball into your pizza shape.
1½ Grimmway Farms julienne rainbow carrots
2 cloves garlic, sliced
6 grape tomatoes, halved
Olive oil (for drizzle)
Salt & Pepper (to taste)
1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Toss rainbow carrots, tomatoes and garlic in olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste, and place in oven to roast while the pizza stone heats up.
1½ cups ricotta cheese
1 packet dry ranch dressing
Mix ricotta cheese with dry ranch dressing until well blended. When pizza stone is ready, spread out crust on stone. Add ricotta cheese mixture and spread, covering pizza. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese; add roasted veggies on top. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
P.O. Box 81498,
Bakersfield, CA 93380