Citrus is a staple in the produce department, and shoppers continue to explore the expanding variety available year-round from navels to mandarins to specialty products.
Collaborated merchandising efforts with a trusted supplier, such as Sunkist, will yield even greater citrus sales.
There are many promotional opportunities when displaying citrus. Take advantage of Sunkist’s wide array of retail marketing programs, including sampling, digital coupons, high-graphic secondary display bins and in-store point of sale materials that highlight flavor profiles, nutritional benefits and recipes to build awareness, drive trial and increase sales.
Engage with consumers and educate them in-store with our new merchandising portfolio through display bins that feature big, bold fruit images, interactive QR-codes sharing real-time recipe inspiration, and simple, clear messaging that resonates with shoppers. They are available for every variety in square and quarter bins with taglines such as The Essential Orange® and Dramatically Delicious®.
Place an added emphasis on Category Management. Through our Category Management program, Sunkist is able to stay on top of consumer trends as they relate to our citrus categories, packaging solutions and benchmarking opportunities for our partners.
BEST MERCHANDISING TIPS
- Use high-graphic secondary display bins together to create a citrus destination in the produce department.
- Cross-merchandise citrus with other complementary items including seafood and liquor products.
- Educate shoppers on citrus flavor profiles, nutritional benefits and recipes to drive sales with channel rails, clip cards, posters and more.
- Promote specialty citrus items, such as Cara Cara navel oranges, blood oranges and Minneola tangelos, to increase purchase intent through various activities, not limited to sampling, display contests and coupons.
- Engage with shoppers online through social media, digital outreach and loyalty programs to boost consumer interest.
Celebrating 130 years this season, Sunkist Growers is the longest-standing agricultural cooperative in the United States. With over 1,500 family farmers in California and Arizona, Sunkist Growers produces premium oranges, lemons, grapefruit and more. For more information, visit www.sunkist.com.
Learn more at sunkist.com
firstname.lastname@example.org • Sunkist.com