Masters of Merchandising: ZESPRI™ KIWIFRUIT
THE POWER OF IN-STORE MERCHANDISING
Custom-designed packaging developed to grab shopper attention and increase sales in store.
Unique 1-pound packaging is made from 100% recycled materials and is fully recyclable. The clamshell includes embossing on the top to reinforce the Zespri brand and support Zespri’s global brand strategy to drive sustainability. The graphic sleeve features Zespri’s bold visual identity that captures the burst of flavor consumers get when they bite into Zespri™ SunGold™ Kiwifruit.
AND IMPACTFUL DISPLAYS
DRIVE DEPARTMENT SALES
Zespri’s display will feature updated creative to reflect their new marketing campaign, and is designed to let the new 1-pound packaging be the hero.
To Drive Incremental Sales:
1) Build large, eye-catching displays. Retailer X featured SunGold™ Kiwifruit for a month which included a 4-week TPR + 3 display bins at front of store. This averaged a 200% $ sales lift over the month.
2) Multiple display locations increase sales. Try merchandising kiwi in and out of the produce section and see sales soar! Stacking cases by the check-out lanes catches unexpected shoppers on their way out!
3) Position kiwifruit near fruit with similar pricing strategies. According to a recent independent study, merchandising next to berries or grapes increases kiwifruit sales by 80%!
Bonus! In an independent study, shoppers reported that they rate their shopper experience higher when Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit is on display. Increase the fresh perception of your store by building prominent displays!
Keep Up with the Latest Trends!
It’s on trend! Kiwifruit continues to be on trend, and it is the fastest growing fruit in the fruit bowl. Leading the growth is Zespri™ SunGold™ Kiwifruit. Seize this opportunity to grow your department sales!
Zespri™ SunGold™ Highlights
• Texture: Smooth, brown skin with a juicy, yellow flesh
• Taste: Sweet-tropical flavor
• Nutrition: SunGold™ kiwifruit is one of the most nutrient-dense fruits with 3x the vitamin C of a serving of oranges and as much potassium as a medium banana.
• Usage: Just simply CUT, SCOOP and ENJOY!
• Kantar, 3rd party shopper study (claimed)
• Test & Control Independent Study conducted by InMar Willard Bishop
IRI Retailer RMA – 2020 NZ Season